Cleveland Hall, Room 210
Phone: (716) 878-5907
Mon.-Thurs. 8:15 am to 6:00 pm
Fri 8:15 am to 5:00 pm
This summer Buffalo State will be hosting a Summer Music Institute. The SMI is for students in grades 7 to 12.There will be two camps: Classic Camp and Jazz and Rock Camp. Students can register for either camp or both camps. Each camp will allow students to continue their musical development in an intensive two-week camp. At the conclusions of both camps student will perform at Canalside as part of the Music is Art Summer concert series.
Classic Camp - July 8, 2013 thru July 20, 2013; Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Jazz and Rock Camp - July 22, 2013 thru August 3, 2013; Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All teacher certification candidates who are applying for Initial Certification need to complete specific required seminars.
1. S.A.V.E (School Anti-Violence Education Workshop)-Required for ALL Education majors
2. Child Abuse Identification Workshop-Required for ALL Education majors
3. Drug and Alcohol Awareness Seminar-Required for ALL Education students who graduated AFTER December 2003
4. Fire and Arson Safety Seminar-Required for ALL Education students who graduated AFTER December 2003
5. HIV and the Classroom Seminar-Required for ALL Childhood Education majors
All teacher certification candidates who are applying for Permanent Certification through New York State and/or those who hold a Provisional Certificate are eligible for a Permanent Certificate are required to complete the S.A.V.E. seminar.Number of classes: 16 List Classes
This training will present a comprehensive overview of the characteristics of students on the autism spectrum including Autism Disorders, Aspergers, and PDD-NOS. Discussion on how children and adults with autism are evaluated and classified including diagnostic medical models versus diagnostic educational models. Educational interventions and strategies as well as effects of autism on the family including parents, siblings, and the extended family will be discussed.Number of classes: 2 List Classes